Fractory is an automated on-demand manufacturing platform connecting engineering and manufacturing companies. We provide a full service — from quoting to manufacturing and delivery, taking responsibility for every step.
We are changing how manufacturing procurement works. You are probably used to ordering stuff online in just a couple of minutes. Now it is possible to do the same in manufacturing, without waiting for days to receive quotes.
The company was started by 3 founders and has rallied more than 70 teammates around the vision of making manufacturing more efficient.
Who are we looking for?
To conquer the world of cloud manufacturing, we are looking for seasoned data scientists who are not afraid of tackling complicated problems or finding clever solutions.
You will be working in one of our cross-functional independent software teams where each member's contribution counts.
In this role, you will develop pricing strategies, and algorithms, and work on pricing optimization globally. You will improve analytics tools to support pricing decision-making, help to improve current pricing algorithms and create new ones. Your work will contribute to the development of new solutions for pricing, which help to save a lot of our customers (engineers), our sales engineers, and manufacturers valuable time all over the world.
Daily activities will be
- Constantly learn more about manufacturing technologies and processes
- Analyzing data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and algorithms
- Developing dynamic pricing tools to quickly find improvement areas and test your ideas on how to improve pricing algorithms
- Prototype new pricing models for new manufacturing processes
- Collaborating with team members and manufacturing partners
- Document your findings and describe improvements/algorithms to the developers and product managers, for example, what properties should be extracted from CAD files to enable pricing
- Discuss pricing models with other team members and manufacturing partners
What skills are required?
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis
- Familiar with exploratory data analysis techniques, tools, and SQL
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently on research-heavy algorithm problems, defining the root problem and proposing a viable solution
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability and interest to learn new things. We don't expect you to know all the tools and everything about the industry. The most important thing is the interest to learn and adapt.
The world and technology are constantly changing - if you recognized yourself in the description above, Fractory is the perfect match.
Plus points for you
Having an interest in mechanical engineering, 3D modeling, or geometrical problems
Our 3 founders started the idea of Fractory to make a difference. This has also been one of the key drivers in growing our team. Everyone here is working for the same goal of making manufacturing smart. The market for on-demand manufacturing is huge. Sheet metal and CNC alone are around 90 billion in the EU. Our goal is to be the number one on-demand manufacturing platform. Join us and let's make it happen!